Friday, October 9, 2009

My Projects

Since I have some time on my hands not really working, I have been thinking of creative ways to make Pey's room extra special. I love decorating and I love projects! My cousin Meghan is incredible with the paint brush and a glue gun and she taught me so much when I was out visiting here this Summer.

My first project: Make Pey a lamp. Pottery Barn Kids makes this beautiful rose lamp and its about $150.00. It has little roses up and down the shade:



Okay, I can't pretend to know how to do that, but Meghan did get the inspiration from Ikea and Michael's to do one like it with a special twist. It was so easy and all under $25 bucks! I tweaked mine a little differently to make it my own, but all you need is a pink lamp shade from Ikea ($5), a hot glue gun ($2), 5-6 Fake roses from Michael's ($1.99), and a lamp base from Ikea ($9). I took off the stems from the roses so the flower was flat. I measured them out around the shade because I knew I wanted them to touch. I glued them on the lamp shade and thats it! You have a beautiful, girly lamp for any room! It is also fire resistant because they are on the outside of the lampshade which is heat resistant!




Second Project: Mirrors for Pey's bathroom. I really don't love buying art for the bathroom. Especially a newborns bathroom-she is very spoiled! They have these awesome wood framed mirrors at Ikea for $2.99 each. I bought three of those, got some acrylic pain, and painted each one a different color. I attached beautiful ribbon to them so they would hang and in about 1 hour and for less then $12.00 I had art for her bathroom!



Third Project: Peyton's name: I have been looking everywhere for letters to hang up in Pey's room. Everywhere I went they were so expensive! PB had one color letters for $10.00 each. Um, no thanks. As I was browsing through my new fav place to shop, Michaels, I saw standard, paintable letters for $2.00 each! I bought each letter, already had acrylic paint and painted each one butter with pink and green dots! It was so much fun and such a creative outlet for me. The whole project cost me the price of one letter at PB Kids.



My next project is to paint the knobs on her dresser. I will upload pics once those are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment