Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm no June Cleaver...

I'm trying to memorize scripture to create more discipline in my life but to grow in the Word.

My Bible verse this week is:
"Whatever you do, work it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. For it is Christ you are serving."
Colosians 3:23-34

This move to the East Coast has been one where my identity has really changed. I'm working only about 10 hours a week and I'm really trying to find my new role as someone who stays at home. Soon I will become a stay-at-home Mom which I swore I'd never do. I always thought I'd work, even if it was part time. God has really worked in my heart to embrace my new role and a part of that is really hard. I don't particularly love cleaning the house and making dinner and looking it as my "job." I'm no June Cleaver.

Before I moved, someone gave me some great advice. She said to me, "AnneMarie, make sure you spend at least 15 min with the Lord every morning or you aren't going to make it." At first, I thought that was a little extreme, but now I find it to be so true! I find that if I don't start my day in the Word, I am not myself. I'm crabby, homesick, self-centered, and mad at Mike for moving me here. Sometimes I even feel that way when I am in the Word, but when I give Jesus a portion of my day, he really does sustain me.

My memory verse for this week is more like my new life verse. When I'm sweeping the floor, or cleaning the toilet I must remember that I'm not doing this for men, but for the Lord. For it is Christ I'm serving. I know this verse will really come in handy when Peyton is here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart and what God is teaching you! Very Cool. AM.

    ReplyDelete